- Cheese or butter
- Milk, cream, ice cream, and other dairy products
- Mayonnaise (because it includes egg yolks)
If you choose to follow a plant-based diet, you’re sure to have a refrigerator full of fruits and vegetables. The bad news is that fresh produce can go bad very quickly … but the good news is that with pureAir FRIDGE, you can make your produce last much longer!
pureAir FRIDGE not only extends the life of your fresh fruits and veggies with ionization and ozone technology – it also gets rid of embarrassing refrigerator odors! Rechargeable, easy to maintain, and compact, pureAir FRIDGE can fit anywhere in your refrigerator while it destroys bacteria and neutralizes pesticides.
Produce stays fresh longer because pureAir FRIDGE reduces ethylene gas from decaying food. It also ensures that foul food odors are eliminated, and that your refrigerator smells fresh every time you open the door.
Other tips for keeping produce fresh include:
- Label produce so you know what you bought first and can use it first.
- Know what is best stored in the refrigerator and what isn’t. For example, soft root veggies, melons, orchard fruits, citrus, cucumbers, mushrooms, and leafy greens can be refrigerated, but potatoes, some onions, garlic, and tomatoes should not.
- Keep refrigerated fruits separate from vegetables so the ethylene given off by the fruits will not ripen the veggies too quickly.
- Set your refrigerator temperature to 40 degrees or lower, and don’t overfill it so as to maintain proper cooling.
Getting enough protein can be a challenge for vegans, especially when they are first cutting meat, poultry, and seafood from their diet. The good news is that there are lots of plant-based protein options:
- Tofu, tempeh, and edamame
- Spirulina (blue or green algae)
- Mycoprotein (a fungus-based protein sometimes found in meat or chicken substitutes)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Beans with rice
- Dark-colored, leafy greens
- Seitan (a mix of wheat gluten and spices)
- Ezekiel bread (made from barley, wheat, lentils, millet, and spelt)
World Vegan Day is a great time to make improvements to your diet. Want to become a vegan but don’t know where to start? Healthline offers an easy-to-follow guide for beginners. Check it out here, and be sure to get your pureAir FRIDGE to keep all your new produce fresh as long as possible!