The first line of defense and more well-known feature of purePower PROTECT is its UL 1449 Certified (4th Edition) surge protection with built-in MOV's. While most power conditioners only have a couple MOV's, purePower PROTECT is built with a total of 10, which provides protection in 6 different ways (L1-G, L2-G, L1-N, L2-N, N-G, L1-L2). With these extra MOV's, purePower PROTECT is able to offer the safest guard against surges and spikes, both internal and external.
Electronics & appliances in the home, as well as CFL & LED lighting, utilize switching power supplies, which generate high frequency "noise". When multiple electronics, appliances, and lighting are used, the significant levels of noise that are created can actually damage the very same electronics, appliances, and lighting that have created it. In order to protect these investments and extend their life, purePower PROTECT utilizes EMI and RFI Filtration, which reduces the noise and provides cleaner power to all electrical devices in the home.
Power Factor Optimization
Every motor running in a home requires KVAR, otherwise known as reactive current, to run. This reactive current can lead to poor power factor and electrical system inefficiency. purePower PROTECT improves the efficiency of a home's electrical system by first improving the quality of power coming in and putting it "in phase" with the draw of the power in the home. Power Factor Optimization leads to energy savings through reduced line losses, reduced switching losses, and reduced coupling losses.
- Maximum Rated Surge Current: 100kA per line: 50kA per mode
- Repetitive Surge Current Rating: 3.250 impulses per mode
- Application: Ideal for service entrance panels, branch panels, and critical loads
- Design: Hybrid parallel design with individually fused MOV's and UL 1283 listed EMI/RFI filter
- Safety Listing: UL 1449 4th Edition
- Voltage: 250 VAC, 1 Phase, 50/60 Hz
- Configuration: 2-Wire Plus Ground and Neutral
- Capacitance: 30µf
- Line Current: 3.77A at 250 VAC
- KVA Rating: .6 at 250 VAC
- Dimensions: 7 3/8"H x 10 3/4"W x 2 7/8"D
- Enclosure: Powder coated, impact resistance steel, NEMA 3R
- Connection: Prewired with 48" of 12 AWG stranded copper conductor
- Mounting: Surface Mount (optional flush mount kit available)
- Operating Environment: -40 degrees Celcius - 60 degrees Celcius (-40 degrees Fahrenheit - 140 degrees Fahrenheit), 5% to 95% non-condensing humity
- Weight: 9lbs